Owner Rubicon Soda Springs
American Trust Company
Charles Rupley sold the Rubicon Springs property, both, the original Potter’s Spring and Rubicon Soda Springs
to the American Trust Company on January 6, 1928 for $10 and other valuable considerations. The American Trust Company was a bank
and landholding company with its main office in San Francisco. The company, established in San Francisco as the American Land &
Trust Company, was formed in 1852 during the gold rush boom period.
During the 1920s, they acquired many large
tracks of land in the mountain regions of California. They would sell the Rubicon Springs property, along with many other large parcels
of undeveloped land in the Sierra Nevada Mountains to the Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E). The energy company was acquiring
large areas of watershed land during the 1930s and 1940s for planned hydroelectric power projects.
Owners of Rubicon Soda Springs from 1861 to present