Owner Rubicon Soda Springs
Yuba River Lumber Company
Yuba River Lumber Company of California brought several large tracks of land from the Pacific Gas and Electric
Company (PG&E) on July 3, 1974 which included the property of Rubicon Springs. This was part of a larger effort of the lumber
company to acquire private timber land.
In response to the increasingly competitive forest products market, the Yuba River Lumber Company
reorganized itself in 1978 to become the Yuba Holding Company of Oregon. Later that year, the company was acquired by Bohemia Inc.
also of Oregon. By the mid 1980s, Bohemia was suffering from an un-reversible financial slide and began selling their assets.
1985, Bohemia Inc. sold the parcel called Rubicon Springs to The Rubicon Soda Springs Group. This included the original 80 acre homestead
patent of Clark Potter, the 40 acres that the Hunsucker Brotherís bought from the Central Pacific Railroad in 1887 and the 120
acres bought from the railroad in 1901 by Ralph Colwell. In 1990 the remaining assets of Bohemia Inc. were liquidated.
Owners of Rubicon Soda Springs from 1861 to present